Can I Challenge A Will That Does Not Make Any Provisions For Me Because I Married the Testator After They Made It?


Speaker 1: Yes you can. There is a Florida law that allows you to file a petition to challenge that. If you are the spouse and there are no children other than children that you had with that person who is now deceased, you're going to get 100% of their estate. However, if that person has children that they had with the woman or man that they were with before they married you, those children are entitled to a share as well, so you may only get 50%.